Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Real Estate from my view

This past year of 2010 was good for me and my clients. I was involved in 14 transactions. Representing buyers and sellers. I dealt with regular sales and purchases, selling a short sale, purchasing short sales and REO banked owned property. The transactions all had certain difficulties funding issues, logistics, delays, etc. One of the oddest was we closed escrow on a townhome (REO) and I went to get the keys from the lockbox to discover workers removing the sliding glass doors from the unit. After a few phone calls we found out the "asset manager" from the bank had unilaterally decided to have the doors replaced after about three weeks the correct new doors had been installed at no additional cost to my client. And the HOA was happy.

I'm asked a lot about the ability of a buyer to get a home loan. Well my answer to that is, money is available and rates are low. You need to do a little more than fog a mirror as in years past to qualify for a loan. But it's very possible to acquire a purchase money loan. I work with several mortgage brokers that can serve a wide variety of client needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment